|Event Date / Time:|
Member Exhibition 2013
Rules for entry:
1. This Photographic Exhibition is open to members of the Oakville Camera Club.
2. Theme: My World in Transition
3. Category 1: Black & White, Category 2: Color
4. Entrants may submit up to 5 images total.
5. Images entered can be taken anywhere in the world.
6. Entries will be received at club meetings beginning Monday, September 9, 2013 and must be received no later than Monday, October 21, 2013 as set out below.
7. All entries must be the work of the entrant with image(s) taken between October 2012 and October 2013.
8. Entry fee for each image is $10.
9. Images (excluding the white border) must be no greater than 12 inches x 16 inches.
Minimum image dimensions are 4 inches x 4 inches.
10. No visible information or logos may appear on the front of the image other than those in the image itself.
11. All Entries must include all of the following:
· Completed entry form;
· Entry fee (inside sealed envelope), paid by cash or cheque payable to Oakville Camera Club if mailing entry;
· Up to five (5) prints;
· Digital images burned to CD in jpg format, with 1200 pixels on the long side at 72 ppi; digital files are to be named as shown:
Name of Photographer-Title of
Image.jpg (ex. bobjones-wildflower.jpeg)
· Model release forms for photos that include people.
· Identification of each image with your Name, Category and Image Title printed legibly on the BACK of your photographic print (see guidelines);
Guidelines for Identifying Images:
. Print identification directly on the back of your print. Do not stick labels on the back. Use a medium-point black marker. If using a ballpoint pen be sure to do so gently. Pressing hard will show through on the front. Practice on a discarded print if needed before identifying your entry. To indicate your printʼs orientation, include an identifying arrow to indicate up.
12. Submitted images that are not chosen for the exhibition will be returned to the photographers at the club meeting following the show.
13. Entrants retain ownership and copyright of all images, but upon submission of entry, entrants irrevocably agree and consent to:
· the sale of framed and exhibited prints by OCC to promote the works of the entrants.
14. Curators will choose the collection. Not all entries will be framed for exhibition. The members of OCC will be the judges. One image will be chosen by Vote on the night of the gallery showing. Majority votes win, members decision will be final.
15. Selected images will be displayed on November 29, 2013, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at QEP on Bridge Rd. The exhibition will be for sale and will hang for 8 weeks.